Monday, June 6, 2011

Approach

 "What you encounter, recognize or discover depends, to a large degree, on the quality of your approach. Many of the ancient cultures practiced careful rituals of approach.
An encounter of depth and spirit was preceded by careful preparation."
 "When we approach with reverence great things decide to approach us.
Our real life comes to the surface
and its light awakens the the concealed beauty in things."
 "When we walk the earth with reverence, beauty will decide to trust us.
The rushed heart and arrogant mind lack the gentleness and patience
to enter that embrace."
 John O'Donohue

I stumbled upon this a few weeks ago and it really resonated with me.
It has stuck with me. I have brought it to my yoga practice,
to my daily life, to my yoga classes.
I have begun to notice how approaching things deliberately
 and reverently makes a difference.
This coming from Ms. Spontaneity!

"Classically, the understanding of life, the unfolding of identity and creativity, the notion of growth and discovery were articulated through the metaphor of the journey."





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, and profound words!
    I read this before driving home last night and it altered my whole perspective/light i saw my world in!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete