Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter



Here is the bread bag I made last night. When I first started making bread, I was storing it in a plastic bag, OK, Mike was storing it in a plastic bag and it kept molding! Ugh! So I tried a few different things and ended up wrapping the bread in a tea towel which works handily. Then I read on the internet about keeping fresh baked bread and what did they suggest? A tea towel! How about that?! (In the bread box, which I do not have, nor do I have room for on my counters) I cut the tea towel and sewed it into a bread bag and I had this embroidery I was messing with that I didn't know what to do with, so I sewed that on there too! I haven't mastered the buttonhole yet so I couldn't figure out how to do a draw string without it fraying, so I added ties and they work quite nicely! Mike gave me a bit of grief about having an "artistic" bread bag....oh well! (I actually made two and the other one is also embellished!)

1 comment: