Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Birdsong

Intro to Spring!Some kind of moss or fungus on the bark of the cottonwood trees.
I know this isn't the greatest shot, but I couldn't resist.
The wings of these geese were shining bright in the sun
and the geese were honking up a storm and making all manner of racket!
It was stunning.


I love the sky reflected in the water!



The Kootenai River running through the wildlife refuge.


My camera wasn't warmed up yet or something but I just love how this photo turned out.

I have needed a a purge and a shot of spring, so after filling the car with the glass recycling, I headed to Bonners Ferry to dispose of it, I left in a snowstorm and ended up walking 6 miles in the refuge in the sunshine in the afternoon.
It was a delightful shot of spring.
Nothing can awaken spring in your heart like the song of thousands of redwing blackbirds!!
The refuge is full of all sorts of birds right now, I saw eagles, swans, an assortment of different ducks, at least two types of geese flickers, woodpeckers, and songbirds galore.
For the landscape being so dun and gray still, there was a remarkable amount of subtle color everywhere. Spring is springing up quickly everywhere I look!

No comments:

Post a Comment