Friday, November 30, 2012

Leaves


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


I planted a scarlet oak tree probably ten years ago, it is getting quite tall and full. It is gorgeous! The leaves in Autumn are a lovely red, as you can imagine by the name.
I gathered leaves and dried them this year to make wreaths and such.
They do not hold their color at all, unfortunately.
For our Thanksgiving gathering I created a few decorations with them anyway. I made wreath forms with willow whips and with lilac runners and then secured them ( and burnt the living day lights out of my thumb) with the hot glue gun.
I didn't really know where to hang
G the wreath where it would show up, and settled on the unconventional wreath hanging location of the fridge!
I like it! It works!



Location:Porcupine Creek,Troy,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment