Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What's Cookin'?

Pumpkin & Sesame Seed Crackers


1 cup pumpkin seeds ( I used raw ones from the store)
1 cup sesame seeds
3 cloves garlic
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 egg
1 Tablespoon maple syrup ( I didn't use a full T of this, didn't want sweetness in my crackers)
1 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons water.
Preheat the oven to 350°
In the food processor mix the pumpkin seeds and garlic and whirl.
Then add salt and oil and syrup and egg and whirl then, if you think you need it,
add some water a teeny bit at at time (I didn't use a full 3 T)
Then add the sesame seeds and whirl some more.

Roll thin (like cracker thin...what is that in milimetres? and how would you measure that? Use your judgement!, think of wheat thins) between two sheets of parchment and then cup into desired size with pizza cutter (ingenious! but I don't have one so I used a knife) bake on a cooky sheet on the lower piece of parchment.

I, personally, think they ought to have salted tops and will do that next time for sure.

Bake until browned to perfection. The recipe says 15 to 20 minutes....
My crackers always seem to need to bake longer than the recipe says.....why?
So I broke off the ones around the edges that were getting really crisp and baked the center ones longer.
These are SO good! Yum!
I got some fancy cheese from Costco (sheeps milk) and a thin slice of it upon these is just dreamy!

I cooked a LOT yesterday!
I am not sure why. It was fun and I did it in streaks, rather than cooking all day.

I made bread, then custard (I had to use up the milk before milk day) and crackers and apple gallette (for the Monday Night Football boys~glad they ain't at my house!), and biscotti and squash soup
and toasted squash seeds I think that might be it.
But it sure was grand this morning when I went to put together my breakfast and lunch for work!

I did all this cookin' while I was alternately: cleaning the bathrooms, vacuuming, knitting breaks, general art puttering and even a walk in the break in the snowstorms....
It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment