Monday, January 11, 2010

New Sport

Handle bar cam.
This is what the ice looks like where there is not snow upon it.
Handlebar cam again....riding south on Bull Lake.


My buddy and Lake dweller, Zeek came out and snapped a couple fotos, here I am down by the neighbors swim slide...

The buoy dodge....
So, it began snowing on New Years Eve, then it rained and then we had more single digit days and nights. Kind of messed up all of the fabulous skating. Skiing has been OK at Turner, but not fantastic and we are spoiled and love fantastic.....I was looking for an outing and didn't want to cross country ski on the Lake and thought, "what the heck! It's flat and frozen solid and not slick looking, I think I will bike!" There isn't any traffic and it was a lovely day. that snow is like riding on sand, or like riding uphill when you are really on flat ground, but it was super fun! I did the entire Lake and it was a quite the work-out! I am going again real soon!

2 comments:

  1. Are you SURE the last pic isn't from the REI catalog? My friends husband used to take fotos for REI and this looks an awful lot like one of them! he
    you're hardcore with the SNOW biking my friend.

    ReplyDelete