Friday, July 1, 2011

Dawn

"The dawn, is a time of possibility and promise. All the elements of nature: stones, fields, rivers and animals are suddenly there anew in the fresh dawn light. Just as darkness brings rest and release, so the dawn brings awakening and renewal. In our mediocrity and distraction, we forget that we are privileged to live in a wondrous universe. Each day the dawn unveils the mystery of this universe. Dawn is the ultimate surprise: it awakens us to the immense 'thereness' of nature."
 "the urbanization of modern life has succeeded in exiling us from this fecund kinship with mother earth. We need to remain in rhythm with our inner clay voice and longing. Yet this voice is no longer audible in the modern world."
John O'Donohue
Once again, I am inspired by John O'Donohue per a blog a watch.
So inspired that I had my camera out early again. I wanted to take some "dawn" fotos from my bike on my daily commute, but I was up late last night with a neighbor laughing and sharing and starting the long holiday weekend early, and decided to luxuriously languish in bed this morning. (My other motive is that I am leaving work early and I wanted to get home quicker than my bike allows, to enjoy the sun and hang laundry and putter restoratively about the property. Perhaps even fill my pool!)
I want to experience some of that " ♪ Summertime and the livin' is easy ♫" attitude!
It all starts at dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment