Monday, June 8, 2009

Cypripedium montanum

Cypripedium montanum Dougl. The queen of the Rocky Mountain Orchids!
Mountain Lady Slipper

This plant is considered rare and possibly endangered!
It was an amazing find!
The fotos do not do it justice!
there are hot pink stripes inside of the slipper.
I took a bout a gillion fotos trying to capture the beauty of this gem, but it didn't happen for me.
I found these while riding my bike.
I caught a glimps of something strangely shped and colored out of the corner of my eye
and stopped to investigate, and was wonderfully enriched by the experience!
(somehow the fotos look better in my computer files than they copied to the blog?! How did that happen? they are much clearer on my computer, shucks!)



1 comment:

  1. If you click on them to enlarge you can see the pink stripes!! These are beautiful dainty little things! what a find.

    ReplyDelete