Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The New 20

 I had a five day weekend! That was a great stay-cation!
We spent the entire weekend at home, just doing busy things and having fun.
Natassia and Silas came for Thanksgiving and we had the traditional turkey dinner.
Natassia and I went out for a cross country ski and started breaking trails on the new 20 acres.
It was terribly brushed in from snowladen trees and branches bending over the trails, so the next day, Mike and I took a sandvik and put our skis on and he chopped and I cleared and now the trails are clear and have a good track set.
 I skied every single day of the 5 day weekend,
and yesterday I took a ski on one of the loops and came home to find neighbor Barb at my house with snowshoes on, so I changed shoes and off we went breaking trails on 'shoes!
 This is one of my favoite spots on the property and part of the loop I make the most!
 Here is the temporary crossing Mike constructed for me after the bridge broke during the summer.

 Here I am precarioulsy crossing it on skis!
On the home stretch into the meadow!
If you use a magnifying glass you can see the look-out tower on top of yonder mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment